7.27.2010

Dear Beth (an advice column)

Dear Beth,


I am not sure what to do.  A particular organization has falsely claimed damages against me, seemingly in an attempt to extort money.  I have a preponderous collection of documentation that proves their claims are a load of horse puckey.  Should I tell them myself, or have my lawyer do it?


Sincerely, Laughing in Virginia

***  ***

Dear Laughing,

In an astounding coincidence I, too, have a corporation attempting to extort money from me as well, citing a number of claims that are easily refuted with copies of correspondence, dated photographs, nationally recognized reference material, and corroborative statements.  Although I cannot legally advise you in your own situation, might I suggest one of two courses:

1.  Consult with your lawyer, who may (as mine did) advise you to "ignore them", or
2.  Wait until they bring a suit against you, then watch them get laughed out of court in addition to having them pay your legal fees

With Regard, Beth

No comments: