6.08.2009

Crafters Anonymous?? Anyone, Anyone??

From IM messaging after lunch-break this afternoon . . . during which I was running "errands":

Beth says:
*omg--i need to stop going to crafting stores
*i'm supposed to be spending what money i have on plaster-repair supplies and getting myroom finished . . .
*but no--I have to get the urge to paint something

Lauren says:
*hahah

Beth says:
*which leads to papier mache boxes and scrapbooking paper . . .
*which leads to discontent with my paint color choice, so I have to go to Joann's to see what they have . . .
*which leads me to buy MORE scrapbooking paper, and then, of course, I have to go see what they have in the calico section because I really want pink rosebuds, but they don't have it in paper . . .
*so that leads me to buy fabric for my papier mache boxes, which have now morphed into crewel-work embroidered cushion top boxes with fabric sides
*i started out wanting to make, like, FOUR boxes, quick, cheap and done . . .
*now I've got stuff for like 80
*lol

Lauren says:
*whatre these boxes for?

Beth says:
*to sell
*it all started because I organized my bead stuff this weekend
*and took the loveseat down to storage
*a) now I have room in my living room to move the kitchen table in there and set up a sewing spot to hem some curtains
*and make some totebags
*and b) I needed more orginizer bin things, but I realized I also needed to pick up some baggies
*so: there I was at Michael's
*and the rest is all downhill from there
*i'm a crafting junkie
*i can't finish one project without starting at least 4 new ones

Lauren says:
*i dont have the time or patience to do crafts

Beth says:
*my brain is on crafting crack

No comments: