8.07.2008

Banned From Pictionary

Speaking of my sister's strange skill with creative phrasing, she's always been very good at wheel of fortune-type games, like Hangman for example. Anything having to do with guessing letters to complete a word or series of words she will trump you every time . . . and more often than not punctuate her triumph with "I never heard of that--is that an actual saying?"

Salt in the wounds, Pam, salt in the wounds. :)

Pam and I usually do really well at Pictionary or Win/Lose/Draw types of games--where I fall short with guessing words I can more than make up for in creating a concrete design to represent the most abstract idea, and together we're an unstoppable team against the forces of evil!! (Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE!!)

During family holidays my mom's mom liked to play games if she could get enough people involved, and she had a real fondness for Pictionary when it came out. One of our first games happened just after some holiday feast (Thanksgiving, I think) and Pam and I were teamed up. I forget against who--maybe gma and Bobby, but i think one of our aunts was there, too. Anywho . . .

. . . I remember spending about 3 seconds on sketching "throw salt over your shoulder" when Pam guessed it based on a shaker and about 3 grains of salt, and she followed up with "Is that right, what does that mean?? That's a real saying?!" . . .

. . . and I remember we soundly trashed the opposing team in just under 10 minutes . . .

. . . and then I remember Pam and I were banned from playing on the same Pictionary team together for the rest of our lives. At least with family.

Hahahaha!!

No comments: