7.14.2008

When Plans Go Awry (sometimes you just gotta chill)

Phew!

The past week has been NUTS--full of ups and downs, general craziness, and mostly just weird, but it reminds me that sometimes you have to abandon The Weekend Plan (if you have one) and just take the weekend as it comes to keep some semblance of sanity.

For example, this past weekend I had Planned on doing the following:

  • Strip wallpaper off the curved central section of wall and (hopefully) the entire left side of the bedroom.

  • Hang out with my niece/nephew to update Monster faces photos.

  • Catch up on house cleaning (dishes, sorting mail piles, clean the floors and bathroom).

  • Chill with Urban Family at some point.

Thanks to the various events that have ocurred this week, I INSTEAD took the weekend as it came and did the following to RELAX:


    Winchester, Loudoun Street Mall
  • Practiced photography on the Loudoun St. Mall.


  • Drove to Shepherdstown, WV to take a few photos to finish up an art project I've been working on for the last year.


  • Assembled puzzles with my niece/nephew and shot some home movies starring Legos dudes in swim gear complete with funky sound effects (but I did NOT get Monster faces photos), watched a Bee Movie with them.

  • Shepherdstown, WV
  • Had dinner with college friends and somehow got involved in a conversation about restroom statues, crazy meds, penises, family skeletons, and medieval times theme restaurants.


  • Played video games (I run my Sims like they live in Jerry Springer land and CSI: Pleasantville--no home is safe!)


  • Washed dishes, swept a couple floors (see, I CAN be productive!).


  • Phoned a couple friends to chat and relay birthday greetings.

  • Urban Family Fare--the shrimp, tilapia, and steak were demolished!
  • Made salsa and guac dip for Urban Family dinner contribution.


  • Sliced/Diced peel-and-stick flocked design to fit on some pendant lampshades I need to hang but have to cover up some paint splatters; applied 1 of 6 needed.


  • Baked desiccant for a work thing and stunk up the apartment at 425° F for 2 hours.


  • Chilled with Urban Family.

Relaxing is hard work.

No comments: